- The Bio2Byte group aims to promote open science by providing freely available online services, database and software relating to the life sciences, with focus on proteins. Where we present scientific data generated by others we impose no additional restriction on the use of the contributed data than those provided by the data owner.
- The Bio2Byte group expects attribution (e.g. in publications, services or products) for any of its online services, databases or software in accordance with good scientific practice. The expected attribution will be indicated in 'How to cite' sections (or equivalent).
- Any feedback provided to the Bio2Byte group on its online services will be treated as non-confidential unless the individual or organization providing the feedback states otherwise.
- The Bio2Byte group is not liable to you or third parties claiming through you, for any loss or damage.
- Personal data held by the Bio2Byte group (such as email addresses) will wherever possible be stored only temporarily, and will not be released expect in exceptional circumstances when required by law or judicial or regulatory order. We may make information about the total volume of usage of particular software or data available, such as for supporting grant applications, but this happens without the ability to identify individuals.
- Users of the Bio2Byte online services agree not to attempt to use any of the underlying computers, files or networks apart from through the service interfaces provided.
- The Bio2Byte group will make all reasonable effort to maintain continuity of our online services and provide adequate warning of any changes or discontinuities. However, we accept no responsibility for the consequences of any temporary or permanent discontinuity in service.
- Any attempt to use the Bio2Byte online services to a level that prevents, or looks likely to prevent, the Bio2Byte group providing services to others, will result in the use being blocked. We will attempt to contact the user to discuss their needs and how (and if) these can be met from other sources.
- If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to our websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any of our services, we may use your personal information from our security logs to stop such behaviour. Where we reasonably believe that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties about the content and your behaviour.
- Software that can be run from the Bio2Byte webpages may be used by any individual for any purpose unless specific exceptions are stated on the web page. Any software we make available for download through our web pages (either directly or from third party repositories) will have its own individual license agreement.
- The Bio2Byte group has taken measures to protect all user data, but does not accept responsibility for the consequences of any breach of the confidentiality of our site by third parties. More specifically, we currently store: Email address, username and full name (ACPYPE), submission parameters and the molecule file (ACPYPE, removed after 7 days), optional email (DisoMine, PSPer, ShiftCrypt
- The online data services and databases of the Bio2Byte group are generated in part from data contributed by the community who remain the data owners.
- When you contribute scientific data to a database through our website or other submission tools this information will be released at a time and in a manner consistent with the scientific data and we may store it permanently.
- The Bio2Byte group itself places no additional restrictions on the use or redistribution of the data available via its online services other than those provided by the original data owners.
- The Bio2Byte group does not guarantee the accuracy of any provided data, generated database, software or online service nor the suitability of databases, software and online services for any purpose.
- Any personally identifiable data of the users collected through this website, is only accessible for selected researchers of the Bio2Byte group who manage the web service.
- The VUB data protection officer (DPOs), responsible for privacy and data protection at the university level, can be reached here: email@example.com (Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Data Protection Officier, Pleinlaan 2, 1050 Brussels).